In a previous article we discussed many health benefits including weight loss that you can get just by drinking almond milk. Whether you are lactose intolerant or simply want to eat healthier, almond milk is made just for that. And speaking of which, do you know that you can make your own almond milk?
So, how is almond milk made? It’s quite easy and this time I am giving you the recipe to make your own almond milk right at home. Just get the ingredients below and follow the instructions to make almond milk right in your own kitchen.
Recipe – How is Almond Milk Made
- Here are the ingredients that you will need to make almond milk.
- Water for soaking almonds
- 1 cup raw almonds to 4 cups water (you can choose how much you want to make)
- Stevia sweetener or you can use organic maple syrup instead.
- Vanilla and or cinnamon (optional)
Directions to Make Almond Milk
- Place the almonds in a jar of water and put it in the refrigerator to soak for about two days. Yeah, I know two days seem like a while. You don’t have to soak them for that long but it makes the almonds softer and easier to blend.
- After the almonds are nicely soaked, strain them from that water.
- Add the almonds, vanilla, cinnamon in a high speed blender. (Remember 1 cup of almonds to 4 cups of water… or 2 cups to 8 cups of water. It depends on how much almond milk you are making.)
- Then blend for about 2 minutes or until the mixture looks blended.
- Pour that from the blender into a strainer into a container.
- Sweetened to taste with stevia or maple syrup and you’re done.
You’ve just made your own healthy delicious almond milk. I hope you enjoyed this post on how almond milk is made. And if you found it helpful please share it.